Categories | Community Contributions | Family | Getting Things Done
A participant from a recent GTD public seminar shared what’s different in their life now.
I’ve been using the concepts learned in class to process my work and personal email. (I use Exchange for work – GMail for personal.) I have a shared Google calendar my wife and personal friends can see. This lets them know when I am available and when I am taking personal time.
All I can say is wow.
I now leave work with an inbox of ZERO knowing that everything is in its place and I get reminded about everything. I can now think about where I am and the moment.
- This past month I became / finished a Six Sigma Orange Belt Project (first in my department to do so).
- Working on a book for small businesses to be available via Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Nook, and Apple’s iTunes store.
- Earlier this year, as a result of looking at time / scheduling, my lovely bride signed me up for a fitness boot camp — at 5 a.m.
- I will be taking a boxing class right along side ‘professional’ boxers. This would have been unthinkable a year ago.
- I’m doing consulting work for local non-profits and churches. Two groups I have a fondness for.
- And, most importantly, we’re expecting our first addition to the family in December.
I’m thankful for GTD. This has brought me out a chaotic state and into a ‘mind like water’ focus.